1.26.2009

sick piper

I'm home from work today with Piper.  She's got strep.  And a sweet tooth.  And a new ladybug friend ... honest.

She was in bad shape by time I got home from the lake yesterday.  You know how you can just hear the pain when they're trying to talk?  She even begged me to put Vicks on her feet before bed.  Lady with a sick kid at home say what?  Crazy, I know!  I got some kind of email forward that talks about putting Vicks on the bottom of your feet and then putting your socks on before bed ... that it helps tame a nighttime cough.

With all the coughing children under my roof ... I'd be crazy not to try it!  And ... go ahead and call me crazy, but I'm going with ... it works!

And while googling 'Vicks' ... I found this.  You be the judge.

Anyway.

So ... I started writing this post at 1:30 this afternoon and now it's 7:45 pm and I'm sitting at Starbucks waiting for Taylor to be done with her 'modeling' thing.  I'm tired.  Tired, tired.  Like when I just went into the restroom, I didn't recognize the bags looking back at me in the mirror.

Alright, alright ... I recognized them ... just totally didn't want to be the owner of them.  And the bland decaf coffee I'm drinking isn't helping any.  But I did just splurge on an awesome krispy treat and that was yummy!!

Splurge?  Yeah, I started Nutrisystem again today.  I have some of their food hanging around for times when I've been splurgin' a bit too much.  Now is one of those times.  I did a whole lotta splurgin' this weekend {ohmyword!} ... and on top of all the eating this weekend, I've gained a bit of weight with the steroids I was recently taking.  And by a bit of weight, I mean about 15 pounds.  Yikes, did I just admit that?

Anyway.

I had fun with Piper today.  She started out p-r-e-t-t-y sick!  But by lunch time she was a little more herself again.  She found a rogue ladybug and decided to build a habitat for it.  She gave it lettuce, a strawberry and an apple slice, along with a few drops of water.  We ate lunch with it.  Watched a movie with it.  Bonded with it.  Only in my house would we spend a sick day with a ladybug.

I always enjoy spending one-on-one time with each of the girls.  Time without their sisters seem to bring out some of the uniqueness in each of them.

Alrighty, my WiFi time at Starbucks is coming to a close {two hour max, what is that?!?} and I still have to tell you about this very awesome move of mine before I'm shut down.

So I'm picking Hunter up at daycare this afternoon and I see one of her old teachers down the hall.  Oh!  She's pregnant!  Very clearly pregnant.  We say our hello's as I pass, and I say, "congratulations."

She says, "for what?"

I. am. an. idiot!

I never, ever, never, ever, never, ever, never tell someone congrats, or 'oh you're pregnant' or anything even remotely close to that, unless I know for a fact they are indeed with child!

i.d.i.o.t!

And seriously Starbucks?  Two hours?  And it's not even free anymore ... humpf ...

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Hi there! I found your blog while I was browsing around! Hope you don't mind me leaving a comment =] stop by my blog anytime!