1.07.2009

loved + blessed = peace

Could I feel any more loved than I do right now?  Thank you SO much for all the calls, emails, support, prayers and concern!

My sister called earlier and I answered, "Grand Central Station, how can I help you?"  Okay, that's lame ... but Brigitte had just left after dropping by the sweetest, little, candy flower arrangement!  While she was here, I got a flower delivery and a phone call from the doctor's office.

My sister was so sweet to want to help me with the girls tonight, or whatever I needed, but I assured her I'm good and I'll let her know if I need something.  Thank you Buggie!

My cell phone, home phone and email have been going at 100mph ... I promise I'm not complaining!  I'm basking in the love.  Thank you, thank you!

Here's a couple photos, one of the edible arrangement Brigitte made and the other is a flower arrangement from Amy ... my fav's ... freesia!  Thank you both!

And I didn't realize, but my eye-sight is playing havoc with my photo taking abilities, as I look through the lens with my left eye.  I managed okay and took these, but it didn't come very naturally to work with my right eye.

I just got another beautiful flower arrangement from Heather, but I've put my camera away.  Thank you Heather ... I love them!!

And for a little update ... the IV treatment went well this morning.  Sort of bittersweet being there, as it reminded me of all the times I'd gone with Marta {to a different clinic though}.  Being hooked up to the IV, having it beep, needing them to come change the bag, etc.  Guess God was preparing me even then.

So that went well.  But I was in too much pain to go to work and wouldn't have been able to go all day without pain meds, so came home.  It's a good thing I did, as it's been a tad crazy.  {in a good way!}

The pain meds continue to help.  My vision is down to about 10ish percent {at least that's what it feels like ... I'll have a real test next week}, so I still can't see very well.

I have a new ophthalmologist who specializes in optic neuritis.  He and Dr. Purath know each other and I feel completely at ease that I am in good hands here on earth {heehee, couldn't resist!}.

I'll see him next week Tuesday for a slew of tests.  I'll also be staying on an oral steroid for 2 weeks following the IV treatments.  And then I'll see Dr. Purath on Thursday.

I'm feeling weird with the steroid {think 5 espresso shots straight into your veins} and pain pill combo.  The doc said to be prepared, and I quote, for "extreme hunger and also warn your husband of some crabbiness."  Hmmm ....

And um yeah ... about those photos I mentioned?  Blogger is having some issues posting images, so I'll post them later.  The kids are scheduled home any moment and I don't wanna be stressin' about adding photos to a post.  Feel me?  :)

2 comments:

heather said...

I'm so glad you are on the receiving end of all this love for once (you're usually dishing it out)...but I thought I told you to rest!! :-) Although I suppose the steroids and pain pill think otherwise??

Wishing you a fun (and peaceful) night and praying for more vision soon! And PLEASE lean on some of us...please!!!

Love you,
H

trisha said...

ditto what heather said. anyone of us would drop anything for you in a minute, please don't be shy in asking should you feel like taking a break from super mom :)
you sound like you're enjoying the meds & IV just a tad too much!!!!