6.16.2008

still the one

Hey buddy ... this one’s for you. {what is with all my crazy waterworks these days ... they’re flowin’ now!}  How awesome are you that you saw my need and without question, took the girls away for a few days so I could get my work done.  So as I sit here missing you, adoring you, and crying ...

I just need to tell you how much I love you.  I need to tell you Happy Father’s Day ... do you have any idea what an incredible father you are?  I need to tell you how much those kids love you, treasure you really.  I need to tell you how much I treasure you.  I need to tell you that I am so glad I didn’t give up when things got rough.  I need to tell you that we were put together for a purpose.  I need to tell you we are *better* today than we used to be.

We have been through it all really {and because I’m up to 6 regular readers, for our privacy, I won’t list it all}, but truly, we have been through more than a couple, or family should endure.

You are an amazing man.  Do you realize that?  And do you realize how proud I am to call you husband?

There’s a song I used to hear and I would think, “10 years from now, that will be our song ...”  Well lover, amazingly, it has been 10 years ... and here is our song:

They said, “I’ll bet they’ll never make it.  But just look at us holding on.  We’re still together still going strong.

You’re still the one I run to.  The one that I belong to.  You’re still the one I want for life.  You’re still the one that I love.  The only one I dream of.  You’re still the one I kiss good night.

Ain’t nothing better.  We beat the odds together.  I’m glad we didn’t listen.  Look at what we would be missing.

They said, “I’ll bet they’ll never make it.  But just look at us holding on.  We’re still together still going strong.

You’re still the one ...

No comments: