3.01.2009

another maternity shoot {for real}

I'm excited about this particular shoot because I had something in mind to do and they were my very own ideas. Huh?

Well you see, I am highly inspired by other photographers and other work I see. And some of the photography I've been taking is 'inspired by' what I've seen done.

Some debate, that it's not real art when that happens and is more like copying. Probably true to some extent ... but it still takes skill to understand your camera, lighting, work with a subject and get decent shots. Right?

I'd like to argue that it's a form of being creative ... being inspired by others and feeding off of their work, helps you move further with your own work. At least that's how I feel.

Anyway.

So my very own idea was to put a bare pregnant belly outside with a big chunky sweater & Uggs in the middle of the snow. Fortunately Aime was up for it and ta-da ... some gorgeous photos ensued!

I haven't played with my photos in a while. And while I liked this shot, it felt a little ho-hum to me. So I jazzed it up a little.


Look at those killer eyes ... love 'em!

I loved these shots of her laying down ...

Isn't this belly beautiful?

See? This 'pose' has been around the block ... but I love it and I think it's a great shot for a new mama to treasure.

Isn't she beautiful?!
I have such a hard time choosing which shots to put here. I wish I could post them all! There are a few more on my facebook page and you can check them out here.

Enjoy! {p.s., if you'd ever like to view any images on my blog larger, just click on the photo}

4 comments:

heather said...

I'm getting very excited...

Wendy Tienken said...

Really great shots! Love the ones in the snow.

Anonymous said...

Great creativity! I love the shots in the snow and she doesn't even look cold. They're all great. Good job!

Anonymous said...

Wow! What a brave Mama to be out there in the cold. Really beautiful shots Tracie.